Don't forget to share it!
A picture speaks a thousand words
Professional marketing IS important
They say ‘a picture speaks a thousand words’ and when it comes to marketing your house, this saying has never been truer. Experience has shown us that buyers look at two elements when searching for a property, photographs and a floor plan. Less fussed about the wonderful detail you might have put into the text, these two vital things are generally what determines if a buyer will pick up the phone and arrange a viewing.
So, with this in mind, how is it that so many agents put less emphasis on the photos and more on the long winded text that people don’t care to read these days?
Why don’t more agents put the effort in?
In certain markets, the lack in effort stems from a mixture of needing to get a property on the market within 24 hours and scrimping on external photographers and brochure designers, all in the hope to save money. This can mean in some cases, you are left with wonky, blurry or even phone-taken photos. Automatically, this approach is going to ruin your chances of a quick sale bearing in mind our first point and the instrumental part photographs play in marketing your home.
Paying extra for a professional brochure?
Many agents that do provide professional photography and brochures require you to pick up the bill or at least pay a contribution for these services, this will be on top of the average 1.5% fee you might already be paying. Depending on the agent and the type of brochure, you could expect to pay anywhere between £250-£500 towards the cost. In some cases, a lot more!
Why is The Home Cloud different?
When starting out on our journey towards creating The Home Cloud, one thing was clear from the start. We wanted to buck the trend and offer clients a high spec professional brochure and marketing service WITHOUT the extra cost to you.
What we do
We have a dedicated in-house marketing team to take care of your property. With expertise in professional photography, virtual tours and brochure design, you and your property will be in safe hands with The Home Cloud.
Our marketing services include:
- Full marketing report – This will explain how we will go about marketing your property, the rooms we will need to photograph, the camera we use, and any special instructions such as if we need to arrange a floor plan and/or EPC. This document will state exactly what we aim to do to market your property.
- Marketing visit – You can arrange this in your online portal at a time to suit you. Our first appointments start at 8am with our last bookable time ending at 8pm meaning, there should be a time to suit you and your busy life.
- Professional photography – The professionals we use are amongst the best architectural photographers in the UK and they take lots of “personalised” photos to ensure that the full potential of your property is captured in its best light. We also take a lot of detailed shots which add to the story which we try to create with every home. Amongst the team we use are Khaled Kassem and Pete Cronin.
- Khaled Kassem has been established as a leading interior photographer since 2001. Khaled puts his emphasis on composition and natural light and prides himself on being professional, reliable and on putting the client first.
- Pete Cronin has been a professional photographer since the 1990s. Pete has extensive experience in creating high quality images for corporate clients, housing associations, local authorities and charities and has a real ability to bring out the “personality” of a location and building.Floor plan – We will always try to arrange for this to be done at the same time as the marketing visit to make the experience as easy as possible on you and your family.
- Printed brochure – We will create a high gloss printed brochure for your property in either a 2 page or 4 page design.
- Regular marketing review – Once your property is live online, we will always strive to ensure the photographs are fresh and interesting, increasing the amount of buyers clicking on it and wanting to view.